Friday, March 11, 2011

Faith & Family Live! : 40 Days, Again

I am trying for the first time to follow Faith and Family's suggestion of packing up 40 bags of "stuff" from around the house during the 40 days of Lent. Being 8 months pregnant, makes it a lot easier. WHY???? #1 A new person will be moving into our house soon and it would be nice to have a space to put him/her!! #2 With 6 kids we have a lot of stuff that we really don't need. #3 Mama nesting has kicked in. Why God has allowed us (ok, some of us) to remain lazy during the first 8 months of pregnancy and not do this necessary cleaning, I will never understand. So, yes, my nesting instinct has kicked in and given me motivation, although my mobility is practically zip!!! Praying you are all having a successful and purging Lenten season!!!!

Faith & Family Live! : 40 Days, Again

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie. I mentioned the 40 bags of stuff idea to my children last night over dinner. Today my older girls surprised me by sorting out all their cupboards and drawers. Quite a few bags of stuff have appeared in the no-longer-needed pile. The younger girls gained some of the discarded items but there is still plenty to ship off to Vinnies. My turn next! Cleaning out is hard work but doesn't it feel good when it's all done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue--that's great!! It sure does feel good. Not only when I am able to get rid of stuff, but when I see my children realizing that they do indeed have way too much! From all the things I have packed up, my bedroom appears to almost doubled in size!! So many clothes were taking up this space. Hopefully others will be blessed from my donating!

    ReplyDelete